Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Holidays

We are getting into full holiday mode around here, decorated the house and will most likely go get our tree towards the end of the week.  We are fortunate to live in an area with A LOT of tree farms so we have a little family adventure and go cut a tree every year.  I am also putting together my holiday baking list, I love baking at the holidays.  Really I love baking all the time, but the holidays are like an excuse to make lots of delicious stuff.  Anyhow today I have another Christmas card to share with you, it is a hybrid of Hero Arts stamps and Mint Motif stamps. 

I used the Magic of Christmas set from Hero Arts - I got it at i {heart} papers but I don't think they have it anymore.  They do have lots of other great Hero Arts Christmas sets though!  I stamped the smaller branch repeatedly around the cardfront to make a sort of frame for the sentiment.  Then I added in the little star image randomly (I also added red stickles to the center of each star).  Finally I added the sentiment from Mint Motif's Very Merry Sentiments.  I love how the sentiments in this set are equally at home on the front of a card and on the inside.  The layout was borrowed from a layout Maile Belles did this month, I love it!  I think it is equally effective for a horizontal or vertical card. 
Okay, that's about it today...have a fabulous day and be sure to check back tomorrow for the start of this months Sweet Stamp Shop release hop!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love that its easy to mail too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the idea of the sentiment centered this way. this came out beautiful

    ReplyDelete