Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Masked Tree


Happy {almost} Monday everyone!  The beginning of another week, the last week before winter vacation for us and another week closer to Christmas!  My children are both so excited about Christmas this year, the youngest (3) is old enough to grasp the concept of the holiday and all the fun that surrounds it.  My husband (random side note - I am not saying hubby anymore since apparently there are tons of people who cringe at the word!  Are you one of them??) and I successfully completed our holiday shopping goals this weekend and it wasn't even overwhelmingly crowded!  Just a few little things to put together and lots of holiday baking (the fun part for me) and I am finished with all my tasks. 


So here is another Christmas card I made last week using Mint Motif stamps - Beyond Borders and Very Merry Sentiments; both available exclusively at i {heart} papers!  I made the tree mask myself with some paper and a ruler, super simple with a bit of measuring.  I then stamped the bubble border (my name for it;)) in alternating colors of green (Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress inks from Ranger).  I thought it needed a little definition from the rest of the card so I quickly added a glitter border (just used a fine tip glue pen to add the glitter) and a shiny red button and sparkly rhinestone at the top.  I added the sentiment to the center of the tree, fits perfectly I think.  The  little scalloped edge on the bottom is actually a piece from Echo Park's Season's Greetings collection that I just punched.  What a simple and totally reproducable card right?!  And you could definitely leave the button off to accomodate mailing it. 

So have a wonderful week, I have another "reverse masked" card like this one to share later in the week!  And some Sweet Stamp Shop goodness too!!  And by the way, I lowered the price of all the Stampendous and My Time Made Easy stamps on my sale page, email me if you see anything you like!  Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. OHHH! Another fabulous card--LOVE that masked tree and the glitter around it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of this card. It is very pretty with the glitter around the tree.

    ReplyDelete